Cheers to dreams, old and new.

I feel like I've been neglecting the blog and Instagram quite a bit of late!

Please forgive me, I am a busy bee. . and honestly I was having so much fun reliving past years on my last few posts that I have totally run out of things to talk about haha

I still can't believe its almost September, like it was just March?!

So some things have happened in the last wee while, of course 🤣🤣

WE BOOKED OUR WEDDING VENUE!! 

In 2022 we will becoming husband and wife in the beautiful coastal town of Parksville. It’s going to be so wonderful and we just cannot wait to share such a special day with our family and friends.

What else?

During Covid I started a little project called Positive Relations Media. It is the beginnings of a nonprofit that will soon be offering tools and programs to help others on their journey. On our social platforms you will find stories of hope and empowerment, as well as informative and inspiring posts from our bloggers around the world. Check us out here!

I finally went back to work after 2 and a half months off (due to Covid)

But through it all I came to some harsh realizations...

I have been working for 17 years in the hospitality industry and I have nothing to fall back on. 

No pension, no vacation days, no health, no dental, no sick days. . . It got me quite sad actually.

AND THEN I thought some more. . .

How can I change this?

What am I passionate about?

You probably know the answer to that question just as well as I do. 

My psychiatrists' words echoed in my wee head, 'YOU are the poster child for recovery, YOU should be working here and helping people just like YOU'.

Since joining this online community I feel like I have found my calling in helping people and advocating for mental health.

Cue looking at mental health jobs at my doctors' office and assessing required qualifications. 

BAM. The local college offers a course that could land me one of those jobs.

So of course I had to apply.

 AND today I got my 'Congratulations we are offering you a place on the course' email - I am thrilled!!

Fuck it. I'm going to try and I'm going to try hard this time to change careers.

I keep picturing it, someone like me helping someone like me ✨❤️

Can you tell I’m a little bit excited??

Anyway, that’s about the long and short of it. Keeping busy, setting goals and moving forward. 

No one said recovery should be boring 😜

Love xo



No comments:

Post a Comment